THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM SOLVER FROM MAUN, WITH ADDED CUTTER. A TRULY VERSATILE TOOL FOR EVERY TOOLBOX.
Great for manipulating, straightening and cutting wire, with a v-slotted jaw and integrated cutter. Multiples hand force by 23 for less cutting effort.
Engineered with serrated parallel jaws for a vice-like grip on square and hexagonal fastenings.
- Multi-purpose tool, perfect for gripping, manipulating and cutting.
- Parallel jaws grip securely along their whole length.
- Hold square and hexagonal fastenings in a vice-like grip.
- Manipulate, straighten and remove kinks in wire.
- Cut both hard and soft wire with ease.
- Built to last, with a robust construction and rust-proof finish.
- Jaws move in parallel throughout use.
- Serrated jaws for improved grip.
- V-slot to feed and hold wire and rod securely along jaw length.
- Wire can be threaded down throat of plier.
- Multiplies hand force by 23 for less cutting effort.
- Precision-machined and hardened blades.
- Jaws and blades case hardened to HRC 57 for durability.
- Zinc-plated handles with detailing for added grip.
A toolbox essential, with rugged construction and powerful lever action, ideal for:
- Electricians, technicians and maintenance engineers - indoor and outdoor. WARNING: this tool must not be used on live electrical wire.
- Metal and furniture manufacturers working with hard wire and springs.
- Serious DIY-ers and hobbyists.
- Farmers, especially livestock, for electric fencing repair.
- Made in England.
- Standard 12 months' warranty. Register your tool to extend this to 2 years.
- 160 mm length.
- 14 mm jaw opening.
- 9 mm jaw width.
- 34 mm useable jaw length.
- Cutting capacity: piano wire 2.0 mm diameter, hard wire 2.5 mm diameter, soft wire 4.0 mm diameter.
- BS 3087-7:1996, ISO 5747:1995.
- This plier with side cutter is also available in 125 mm, 140 mm and 200 mm.
- For soft plastic grips for added comfort, see our Side Cutter Parallel Plier For Hard Wire Comfort Grips 160 mm.
- For return spring for easier handling of parts, see our Side Cutter Parallel Plier For Hard Wire Return Spring 160 mm.
The parallel plier is the original problem solver from Maun. With side cutter, it becomes the ultimate tool for working with hard wire. We see problems and find innovative ways to solve them.
So, why settle for ordinary? We don’t. And you shouldn’t either.
Our pliers have been in action for over 75 years. Each and every one is engineered to last and has been since 1944.