What is the purpose of this document?
Maun Industries Limited (we or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us through our website or via telephone, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting this website or providing your personal information over the phone, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Please note that this includes consenting to the processing of any sensitive personal information you provide, as described below.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations, the data controller is Maun Industries Limited of Hamilton Road, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 5LD, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process information about you as described below.
Information you provide to us
You may provide us with information by filling in forms on our website(s) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for an account, enter into a contract for the supply of products, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The personal information you provide may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and other information about yourself to enable us to provide you with our products.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our website(s) we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will inform you. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimps’s privacy notice.
People who call our helpline
When you call Maun Industries Limited's helpline, we collect only the information that is required to resolve your query.
People who email us
We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
Fulfilling your requests:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to complete any transaction you are undertaking with us;
- to administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website(s); and
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Service Improvements and account management:
- to administer our site and for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to manage and operate your account with us.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as providing you with goods or services), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will update this policy and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so,
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Automated decision making
Automated decision making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. We are allowed to use automated decision making in the following circumstances:
- Where we have notified you of the decision and given you 21 days to request a reconsideration.
- Where it is necessary to perform the contract with you and appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
- In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent and where appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
If we make an automated decision on the basis of any particularly sensitive personal information, we must have either your explicit written consent or it must be justified in the public interest, and we must also put in place appropriate measures to safeguard your rights.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you.
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will update this policy if this position changes.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Email marketing companies for the purposes of sending you information about goods and services we offer that may be of interest to you.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks and other third parties that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. Your personal information is generally shared in a form that does not directly identify you.
We may also share your personal information with third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, along with its professional advisers. If Maun Industries Limited is acquired by a third party, personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If required in order to obtain professional advice.
Where we store your personal information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use the following categories of cookies on our website.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items, cannot be provided.
These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our website. For example, we use Google Analytics' cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
These cookies remember choices you make, such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit, and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site. To find out more about cookies, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org or see www.youronlinechoices.eu, which contains further information about behavioural advertising and online privacy.
Privacy policies of other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the rights described below. If you make a request under these rights, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
The right to access
You have the right to request copies of your personal data held by us. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification
You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure
You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing
You have the right to object to us processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
How to contact us
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 1623 554599
- Mail: Maun Industries Limited, Hamilton Road, Sutton In Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 5LD, United Kingdom.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Website: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/