MAUN’S ORIGINAL PROBLEM SOLVER, WITH ZINC-PLATED JAWS FOR AUTOCLAVE STERILISATION. USED FOR ORTHODONTIC WIRE AND SURGICAL BONE PINS.
A rugged, multi-purpose tool for cutting and gripping wire. Jaws are zinc plated to withstand the autoclave sterilisation process.
Engineered with an integrated heavy duty side cutter that multiples hand force by 23 for less cutting effort. Serrated parallel jaws for a vice-like grip.
- Perfect for gripping, manipulating and cutting.
- Specially designed for orthodontic wire and thin surgical bone pins.
- Can be autoclaved (sterilised) without discolouration.
- Parallel jaws grip securely along their whole length.
- Cut both hard and soft wire with ease.
- Built to last, with a robust construction and rust-proof finish.
- Jaws move in parallel throughout use.
- Serrated jaws for improved grip.
- Zinc-plated jaws to prevent discolouration when sterilised.
- V-slot to feed and hold wire securely along jaw length.
- Wire can be threaded down throat of plier.
- Multiplies hand force by 23 for less cutting effort.
- Precision-machined and hardened blades.
- Jaws and blades case hardened to HRC 57 for durability.
- Zinc-plated handles with detailing for added grip.
Engineered for manipulating and cutting hard wire easily. Finished for dental and surgical use. Ideal for autoclave sterilisation processes used by:
- Orthodontists, dental technicians, surgeries and practices for cutting orthodontic wire.
- Surgeons for cutting thin surgical bone pins.
- Made in England.
- Standard 12 months' warranty. Register your tool to extend this to 2 years.
- 160 mm length.
- 14 mm jaw opening.
- 9 mm jaw width.
- 34 mm useable jaw length.
- Cutting capacity: piano wire 2.0 mm diameter, hard wire 2.5 mm diameter, soft wire 4.0 mm diameter.
- BS 3087-7:1996, ISO 5747:1995.
- Also available Side Cutter Parallel Plier Autoclave Safe 140 mm to suit the smaller hand.
Our original parallel plier with cutter, adapted for dental and surgical use. This specialist has zinc-plated jaws to avoid discolouration. That’s Maun for you. We see problems and find innovative ways to solve them.
So, why settle for ordinary? We don’t. And you shouldn’t either.
Our pliers have been in action for over 75 years. Each and every one is engineered to last and has been since 1944.