A SPECIALIST TOOL FOR FIXING A SHIM TO A CAM. BEND AND CRIMP SHIM END TAGS WITH EASE.
When “shimming cams”, this is the perfect tool for bending and crimping shim end tags onto the cams.
Compound-lever action gives a strong hold with minimal effort.
- Parallel jaws ensure even bending and crimping of end tags.
- Bend end tags to the required shape around the machine cam.
- Comfortable and easy to use.
- Easier handling of parts due to return spring.
- Built to last, with a robust construction and rust-proof finish.
- Compound-lever action for less effort when bending and crimping.
- Two long-lasting return springs for easier removal of the jaws from the crimped shim.
- C-shaped crimp jaw profile to help shape end tags.
- Jaws chemically blackened and case hardened to HRC 57 for durability.
- Zinc-plated handles with detailing for added grip.
Designed for bending and crimping the end tags of shims, this tool is used to fix a shim around a cam. Ideal for:
- Automotive enthusiasts when performance tuning an engine.
- Machine engineers making compensating adjustments for wear.
- Made in England.
- 160 mm length.
- Jaw opening: 16 mm.
- Jaw slot gap when closed: 8 mm x 2 mm.
- Jaw tip gap when closed: 2.5 mm.
Parallel jaws with C-shaped crimp and lever-assisted handles. This tool is a joy to use. That’s Maun for you. We see problems and find innovative ways to solve them.
So, why settle for ordinary? We don’t. And you shouldn’t either.
Our tools have been in action for over 75 years. Each and every one is engineered to last and has been since 1944.
Please note this product is made to order therefore will require a longer lead time.