This safety rule is manufactured in stainless steel, zinc plated and available in either imperial or metric measurements.
The metric rule has both scaled graduated in mm and cm up to 300 mm and the imperial rule is graduated up to 12" with a short metric scale in mm and cm. The following inch subdivisions are available on the imperial rule: 1/16", 1/12", 1/10", 1/8", 1/4", 1/2".
They are manufactured with a unique 'M' profile which has one side slightly longer than the other which helps to ensure fingers are kept away from any knife edge when cutting or scoring.
This rule serves as a more durable equivalent to the wooden and plastic rulers in everyday use.
What is this tool used for?
- Used widely in the hobby & craft for cutting & scoring leather, card and other similar materials.
- Ideal for the education sector when working on craft/art projects.
- Ideal for engineer architects when technical drawing / model making.
How to use?
- Holding the knife or blade in one hand, fingers on the other hand hold the ruler steady by applying pressure on the top.
- The knife / blade can then drawn along the ruler edge with the users fingers approx. 3/4" (20 mm) from the blade.
- Please ensure that care is still taken when using any knives or blades.