FOR THE PROFESSIONAL WHO CUTS HARD WIRE FOR A LIVING. ADD THIS MAUN MASTERPIECE TO YOUR TOOLBOX TODAY.
A high-leverage cutter for soft, hard, dental and piano wire.
Designed with a compound-lever action that multiplies hand force by 18 to reduce effort when cutting. Soft plastic grips for added comfort.
- High-leverage design cuts hard wire with minimal effort.
- Cut piano and dental wire with ease.
- Requires less effort than conventional pliers of the same size.
- Easy to operate, regardless of your hand size.
- Comfortable to use over long periods.
- Built to last, with a robust construction and rust-proof finish.
- Compound-lever action multiplies hand force by 18 for less cutting effort.
- Accurate cutting edges.
- Induction-hardened jaws to HRC 64, precisely shaped for durability and accuracy.
- Long-lasting return spring.
- Zinc-plated handles with soft plastic grips for added comfort.
- Available in a choice of lengths to suit different wire types.
Also commonly known as side cutters, these diagonal cutters are versatile for use by the professional and DIY enthusiast, ideal for:
- Dental laboratories and practices for cutting dental wire.
- Jewellers, hobbyists and craft workers for cutting wire.
- Piano technicians for cutting piano wire.
- Engineers and mechanics for general hard wire cutting.
- Electricians for cutting small diameter electrical cable and wire. WARNING: this tool must not be used on live electrical wire.
- Made in England.
- 140 mm length.
- 10 mm jaw opening.
- 8 mm jaw width.
- Cutting capacity: piano wire 1.6 mm diameter, hard wire 2.0 mm diameter, soft wire 3.0 mm diameter.
- BS 3087-7:1996, ISO 5747:1995.
- This plier with comfort grips is also available in 160 mm.
- For zinc-plated handles with detailing for added grip, see our Diagonal Cutting Plier For Hard Wire 140 mm.
Our diagonal cutters are another problem solver from Maun. Engineered for professionals who cut hard wire for a living. We see problems and find innovative ways to solve them.
So, why settle for ordinary? We don’t. And you shouldn’t either.
Our cutters have been in action for over 75 years. Each and every one is engineered to last and has been since 1944.
Discover our range of premium, British-made tools today. Like our best selling Side Cutter Parallel Pliers - the combination plier reimagined. Or our versatile Flat Nose Parallel Pliers and multipurpose Wad Punches.
*Not to be used with live electrical wire.