A PERFECT, LEAK-PROOF CONNECTION – EVERY TIME. DESIGNED TO MAKE FIBRE OPTIC CABLE INSTALLATION AND EASY REPAIR.
A must-have tool for telecommunications engineers. Cuts blown fibre outer tubes without severing the optical fibre bundles inside it.
Available for both 5 mm and 8 mm diameter tubes.
- Perfect for making leak-proof connections.
- No risk of damage to optical fibre bundle inside tube.
- Cuts cleanly and squarely.
- Easier handling of tube due to the return spring.
- A choice of two specific cutter profiles, designed to accept the correct-sized outer tube.
- Built to last, with a robust construction and rust-proof finish.
- A stop to ensure only the outer tube is cut, and not the fibre bundles inside.
- High-quality steel cutting blades hardened and tempered to HRC 54.
- Multiplies hand force by 5 for less effort when cutting.
- Long-lasting return spring.
- Jaws hardened and chemically blackened for durability.
- Zinc-plated pressed-steel handles, with detailing for added grip.
- Available for 5 mm and 8 mm diameter tubes.
Designed for use in the telecommunications industry when repairing inner fibre bundles or joining lengths of outer tube. Ideal for:
- Cutting polyethylene blown fibre tube.
- Made in England.
- Standard 12 months' warranty. Register your tool to extend this to 2 years.
- 150 mm length.
- 40 mm width.
- Cutter tube 5A for 5 mm diameter outer tube.
- Cutter tube 3A for 8 mm diameter outer tube.
Durable, high-quality, easy to use. This specialist plier is engineered to cut blown fibre tubes without severing the optical fibre bundles inside it. That’s Maun for you. We see problems and find innovative ways to solve them.
So, why settle for ordinary? We don’t. And you shouldn’t either.
Our pliers have been in action for over 75 years. Each and every one is engineered to last and has been since 1944.
Discover our range of premium, British-made tools today. Like our best selling Side Cutter Parallel Pliers - the combination plier reimagined. Or our superb Diagonal Cutting Pliers and specialist Duct Rod Plier.
This tool is made to order, therefore will require a longer delivery lead time.