A UNIQUE PLIER, DEVELOPED WITH BIRMINGHAM SCHOOL OF JEWELLERY, TO MAKE WIRE WORK EASIER. GRIP SOFT WIRE WITHOUT MARRING.
The plier has nine V notches across one jaw. Use these to grip soft, precious metal wire firmly without damage. It’s the perfect way to hold wire while filing cut ends to a clean finish.
Works with any wire size between 0.4 mm and 6.0 mm diameter. A single V notch in the opposing jaw allows you to grip oval or D-shaped wire up to 8 mm across.
- Grip soft, precious metal wire firmly without damage or blemish.
- Use for efficiently filing cut ends to a clean finish.
- One tool works for all wire diameters between 0.4 mm and 6.0 mm.
- Parallel jaws grip securely whichever V notch is being used.
- Built to last, with a robust construction and rust-proof finish.
- Nine V notches across one jaw, suitable for gripping 0.4 mm to 6.0 mm round wire.
- One V notch in opposing jaw for larger, oval or D-shaped wire up to 8 mm across.
- Jaws move in parallel throughout use.
- Smooth jaws to prevent damage to workpiece.
- Jaws case hardened to HRC 57 and chemically blackened for durability.
- Zinc-plated handles with detailing for added grip.
This tool has been developed in conjunction with course leaders at Birmingham School of Jewellery, Europe’s leading jewellery design school. Its clever V notch design and parallel-action jaws are ideal for gripping soft, precious metal wire as it is worked on. The tool has been specifically designed for jewellery makers, both professional and those who enjoy this work as a hobby.
- Made in England.
- Standard 12 months' warranty. Register your tool to extend this to 2 years.
- 125 mm length.
- 10 mm jaw opening.
- 12 jaw width.
- Nine V notches in jaw for gripping soft wire without risk of marring.
- Suitable for any diameter round wire between 0.4 mm and 6.0 mm.
- Single V notch in opposing jaw for gripping oval or D-shaped wire up to 8 mm across.
- BS 3087-7:1996, ISO 5747:1995.
- For a larger hand, see our V Notch 0.4 mm To 6.0 mm Jewellery Wire Holding Parallel Plier 140 mm.
Grip soft metal wire firmly in this specialist V notch wire holding plier. Allows you to work efficiently, as you finish cut wire when creating your latest jewellery design. That’s Maun for you. We see problems and find innovative ways to solve them.
So, why settle for ordinary? We don’t. And you shouldn’t either.
Our pliers have been in action for over 75 years. Each and every one is engineered to last and has been since 1944.