A SPECIALIST TOOL FOR NATIONAL FISHERIES AUTHORITIES AND TRAWLER OPERATORS. MANUFACTURED BY MAUN TO TEST COMPLIANCE AND WITHSTAND HARSH ENVIRONMENTS.
Use this plier to assess accurately the regulatory conformance of fishing net twine.
Manufactured from 316 grade stainless steel to withstand harsh marine environments.
- Take accurate measurements as prescribed in EU legislation.
- Complies with EU fisheries and measuring instrument rules.
- Avoids twine abrasion to ensure a long life for fishing nets.
- Return spring allows for easy release from the twine.
- Built to last using top quality materials.
- Made with 316 marine-grade stainless steel to withstand harsh environments.
- Laser-engraved with twine size to ensure the correct plier is used.
- Chamfered measuring hole to avoid abrasion when the net is pulled through.
- A tight tolerance on the hole’s circumference edges for guaranteed accuracy.
- Long-lasting return spring.
- Soft plastic grips for added comfort.
- Available with a carry case to store each different measuring plier in one place.
Designed specifically for:
- National fisheries authorities for ensuring legal-size nets are being used.
- Trawler fleet owners to verify vessels are carrying the correct sized nets.
These pliers are made to order and will be subject to a longer delivery lead-time.
- Made in England.
- Sizes available for measuring 0.5 mm, 3 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm, 6 mm and 8 mm diameter twine.
- Manufactured to meet EU regulation (EC) No. 517/2008 and directive 2009/34/EC.
How To Use
- Open the pliers and place the twine between the two cavities of the hole gauge.
- Close the pliers around the twine.
- In the closed position, the twine should be able to be pulled through the gauge with ease.
This specialist plier is manufactured specifically to ensure the legality of fishing nets. It is engineered for a long life, even in tough marine conditions. We see problems and find innovative ways to solve them.
So, why settle for ordinary? We don’t. And you shouldn’t either.
Our pliers have been in action for over 75 years. Each and every one is engineered to last and has been since 1944.
Please note: This tool is made to order, therefore will require a longer delivery lead time.